Associate Expert in Tourism (A.Mad.Par)
The Objectives of Culinary Arts Education
To produce graduates who have knowledge and skills in the field of food processing in the Food Service Industry, Catering.
Nutrition, Communication, Technology, Production and Operation, Commodities Food Safety and Secure, Equipment, Art and Creativity, Entrepreneur Occupational Healthy and Safety.
- The ability to develop tourism science, especially the food processing branch in both the Food Service sector, restaurants, catering and hotels.
- The mindset as an expert / professional who can create and develop an accommodation business through food processing and provision.
- Reasoning power and realistic initiatives in providing solutions to problems in the development of accommodation business through applicative and implementable conceptual recommendations.
- Expertise in the field of accommodation business (culinary) which is independent and professional.
Graduates of the Culinary Arts Study Program are expected to have adequate knowledge about culinary. Graduates of the Culinary Arts Study Program are expected to play a role in the development of culinary products through a variety of interesting innovative packaging thoughts out so that they can improve the performance of business operations, especially in the hotel sector, restaurants and so on. the Graduates of the Culinary Arts Study Program on Poltekpar Palembang are expected to fill the following positions
- Food Analyst; texture, presentation and organoleptic aspects.
- Food Stylist; aesthetic values in food display.
- Kitchen Manager; utilizing resources in food processing operations.
- Food Production Operations; mastery of preparation, process activities and food serving.
- Food Advisor; designing menus and designing operational food processing elements.
The curriculum of the Culinary Arts Study Program is designed to produce graduates who have knowledge and skills in the field of food processing in the Food Service Industry, Restaurants and Hotels in accordance with the Indonesian National Qualification Framework Standards. The curriculum in the Culinary Arts Study Program lasts for 6 semesters (3 years). The courses taught are arranged using structured codes that refer to the systematic sequence of lectures, group of disciplines, sequence of courses, and study program groups. Total credits taken are between 110-120 credits. Giving specific code is intended to make it easy for students to understand the order of courses and the field of science in the Culinary Arts Study Program.