THE HISTORY OF PALEMBANG POLYTECHNIC OF TOURISM
Palembang Polytechnic of Tourism is a university that organizes vocational education in the field of tourism within the Ministry of Tourism, which is under the ministry of tourism and responsible to the Minister through the Deputy of the Tourism Institution Industry Development. Palembang Polytechnic of Tourism is domiciled in Palembang City, South Sumatra Province. Palembang Polytechnic Tourism is stipulated by Regulation of the Minister of Tourism Number 4 of 2016 concerning Organization and Work Procedure of Palembang Polytechnic of Tourism on April 27, 2016. Dies Natalis Palembang Polytechnic of Tourism is set every April 27, 2016.
PALEMBANG POLYTECHNIC OF TOURISM VISION
Become an institution in higher education on tourism with international standards with Indonesian personality.
PALEMBANG POLYTECHNIC OF TOURISM MISSION
- Create human resources in tourism sector who have international competitiveness and Indonesian personality.
- Develop tourism research in an international scale based on local knowledge, culture and environment.
- Serve the community through appropriate technology innovation, local wisdom, and environmental sustainability.
PURPOSE OF PALEMBANG POLYTECHNIC OF TOURISM
- Forming an educational system in industry based on performance accountability to created graduates who are virtuous, superior in science and skills in science, technology, and art.
- Developing of knowledge in science, technology, and art, and contributing relevant and high quality of national needs, regional and international development.
- Creating a conducive campus environment and academic atmosphere that can foster appreciative, participatory and contributive attitudes of the academic community, as well as upholding academic moral values and morals in shaping a dynamic and harmonious campus community.
- Developing networks with other tertiary institutions, the community, industry, government institutions and other institutions both at national and international levels with the principle of mutual benefit.
THE MEANING OF PALEMBANG POLYTECHNIC OF TOURISM LOGO
- The globe symbolizes the people of tourism who have world competitiveness
- An open book symbolizes science and technology those are always developing
- The circle symbolizes tourism as a vehicle to promote unity and integrity and foster world friendship
- Dark blue symbolizes calm and gives the impression of depth
- White symbolizes peace
- The golden yellow symbolizes a great nation and has a true priyagung spirit
- Ampera bridge as the hallmark of Palembang City which symbolizes mutual prosperity
- The temple symbolizes the noble values of local culture that can color the world of international tourism.